Friday, May 24, 2013

How is handwashing going?

Thursday was day four of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry. I arrived home last night, so no more traveling! Handwashing just got a whole lot easier and so did hang drying! I have the Octopus hangers from Ikea and I can just put my flats and covers on them and hang it out outside. Since I am in Oklahoma and we now have nice weather, my flats and covers should dry in no time!

Handwashing in the hotel was a challenge, especially since I had to hang dry in the bathroom and then pack it all up to get in the car again the next day. Last year, I used a five gallon bucket and a plunger to do my washing. I definitely prefer that over solely using my hands. I also had a diaper sprayer for the entire challenge last year and I did not have one for the beginning of this challenge. I am very spoiled and I missed my diaper sprayer A LOT!!!

I am very excited to be home now, for many reasons, and have access to items that make this challenge a bit easier. I think saving up for a diaper sprayer is something I would definitely want to do in any financial situation. I really do not like dunking, swish, and flush.

We got home really late, so I did not handwash. I woke up feeling very ill this morning, so I am not sure how much longer I will continue doing the challenge. Vomiting causes contractions, and being that I am 34 weeks pregant, I do not really want to have those yet! I really do not want to quit, as someone in a poor financial situation would not have that option, no matter how sick they were. The spoiled part of me says to take it easy and the other part of me feels like I need to push on through, just to prove I can.

I have a medium size wetbag full, so there will be quite a bit to wash. I do have a 3.5yr old son who is a busy busy busy boy, so I am considering child labor and enlisting his help. He would be ecstatic to get permission to use a plunger to his hearts content in a bathtub full of water, bubbles, and diapers... my husband may find himself involuntarily enlisted in the diaper washing as well!

My busy boy!
 If I start feeling a little better as the day goes on, I will handwash tonight. In the mean time, I am keeping my little man in flats and covers, just in case!

This years participant!

No comments:

Post a Comment