Friday, May 24, 2013

Handwashing in the hotel...

Day three of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry was on Wednesday. It was an open topic day, so I thought I would share my experience from handwashing in the hotel Tuesday night.

I decided to rinse the diapers while I was taking my shower, since they were just all pee. So, no pictures of that!!!

I then soaked the diapers in the tub with two scoops of Charlie's Soap. I used as hot water as I could. WAY too much detergent! You can see that by the amount of bubbles in the picture.




 After it cooled down, I swished the diaper around and wrung them out.

 
The, I ran the water in the as  sink as hot as I could stand and I rinsed the diapers and covers. This took FOREVER because I used way too  much detergent. I don't think I successfully got out all of the detergent, but it got to be 2a and I was exhausted.


I then wrapped the covers in a towel and wrung them to get out moisture, and then wrung the flats out, hung over the shower rod, the towel rod, and any other available surface, and went to bed!

 
In the morning, the flats were barely damp and I ironed them the rest of the way dry. The covers were still damp in places where the fabric was double layered, so I took a blowdryer to those.

Traveling went well today, despite my son having diarrhea from a virus he picked up at my sister-in-laws house. It was messy, but I never had a leak, thank goodness. One of the many reasons I love cloth diapers! I *almost* never get blowouts.

1 comment: