Thursday, January 30, 2014

Family Cloth

Family Cloth. Yes, you read right, family cloth! This is when you use cloth wipes instead of toilet paper. There are multiple reasons to use family cloth. It saves money, gets you a better clean, and doesn't leave behind little pieces. My sons cannot stand dingleberries and neither can my husband. Let's face it, women get them too!

My family keeps toilet paper on hand for guests, so don't be scared when you come visit!

In my personal rest room, I put a size small wetbag, cloth wipes, and a spray bottle with solution.Wipes can be used dry (for pee) and wet (for poop). Unlike baby wipes where you are getting ALL the poo from ALL over their rears, family cloth poo wipes don't really get much on them. In our household, each person is responsible for spraying off their own wipes if it gets, um, "chunks". Then the wipes are put in the small wetbag and I wash them when I wash cloth diapers.




In the restroom our sons use, we have a spray bottle of solution and a wipes container that I have accordion folded wipes into. Once the wipes are sprayed off, they just get put into the diaper pail that is next to the toilet.




I know some people are grossed out about the idea of reusable toilet paper. especially since it isn't just babies it is being used on. I encourage you to keep an open mind and give it a try. You might be surprised and like family cloth. It helps when each person that is old enough can spray off their own wipes. If you are not using cloth diapers, you can just give your wipes a really good rinse and wash with your towels. 

So, give it a try and please come back and comment on how it went (haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment